Report formats organize the information that appears on printed lists.
- Located on bottom lower left hand side of the Main Menu page, click Reports • Labels and click Report Formats.
- On the Report Formats page, to add a new report format, click Add New Report Format.
- Give your report format a name and description. Select the page size and orientation. Choose the number of rows you need in order to ensure you have enough space for the various fields you want to include in your report format. Choose whether you would like to include information from the Notes field from each individual’s record on your printed list. Click Next.
- Select whether you would like to leave room on your printed list for a script. If you are creating your report format for canvassing, you must reserve room for the script that you want to use during your canvass. The amount of room you need to reserve depends on the number of possible identifications that are associated with your script. If your script includes a lot of activist codes, survey question responses and canvass results, you will need to reserve more room for your script. Click Next.
- Select fields for your report format by dragging it onto the grid. Hold your curser above any given field for a description of what information that field represents. Click Add Column and use the arrows to help you position the fields that you place on the grid and organize the information on your printed list. You may edit the grid by placing a field back under Available Fields or by clicking clear.
- To Add an Activist Code or Survey Question, click on Add Activist Code or Add Survey Question. Select the identification you would like to insert into the printed list and click save. The Activist Code or Survey Question field will appear under available fields and then you can place it onto the grid. This will help you print out previously made identifications from an individual’s record.
- To add Text to your printed list click Add Text Field, enter the text you would like to include and click save. The text field will appear under available fields and then you can place it onto the grid. This feature can help you customize your report for example labelling different fields or providing a field for an individual’s signature. If you would like to add a check box, click Add checkbox. A checkbox field will appear under available fields and then you can place it onto the grid.
- If you would like to format a field. Click on the field and drag it onto the space provided under Field Formatter. Check Bold, Italic and/or under Underline to format the field and then place it onto the grid to include it in the report format. Once you are satisfied with your report format, click Save.
- On the Edit Report Format page you can see a preview of your Report Format and change the format, layout and script options. If you would like to edit your report format, click Edit. If you are satisfied with your report format, click Save.
Here is a short video that will go over the process of creating a report format