You may customize script on the Shared Contacts tab only.
1. Located on the bottom left hand side of the Main Menu, click on the Codes • Questions • Scripts location and then click Scripts.
2. Here, you will be able to view and manage all your custom scripts. To add a new script, click Add New Script in the upper right hand corner.
3. Give your script a name, description.
4. Now you can begin to build the script by inserting your different script elements and positioning them within the script by dragging the ‘five-lines’ icon beside the element you wish to move.. You can also edit each section or delete it. Make sure to always click the Save button to save the order of your sections.
5. Under Add Script Element, you’ll have different options available to personalize your script.
6. To add a text element, simply write in the text you would like provide for canvassing. Click Add. If you would like to edit a text field, click Edit to go back to a particular section and modify it.
7. To add a question, select the Survey Question you would like to use during the canvass from the drop down menu under Survey Questions. Click Add.
8. To add an Activist Code, select the Activist Code you would like to use during the canvass from the drop down menu under Activist Codes. Click Add.
9. To add an event, click Add and select the date and name of your event. If you will be using this script with MiniVAN, you will be able to input event statuses for your event attendees directly into MiniVAN.
9. Select the different walk / phone results that you would like to make available as responses on your script. Only select the additional Phone / Walk results that you think your volunteers will need in order to successfully track results of their canvass. Your canvasser will be able to select the responses you choose from any canvassing sheet or Virtual Phone Bank that uses this script.
For phoning, we suggest that you also select “Busy”, “Refused”, “Wrong Number”, “Disconnected” and “Deceased”, as well as any other Phone Results that suit your project.
NOTE: CRTC Regulations state that you have to make it easy for your volunteers to add people to the Liberal Party’s Internal Do Not Call list. This means that you have to add the Do Not Call result to all Scripts you plan to use for phoning.
10. Choose the electoral district(s)/committee(s) that can have access to your script by using the add and remove buttons. If you have only been granted access to one Liberalist committee, you will be able to share your script with only that committee. If you have access to more than one Liberalist committee, the names of all of your committees will appear and you may select which committee you want to give access to the script.