How to create and save a list of New Volunteer Sign Ups
People are inspired to volunteer everyday for a variety of reasons whether it be our policies, our Leader, an amazing local organizer, or friends and family. People can sign up to volunteer online and they will be flagged with the ‘New Volunteer SignUp’ Survey Response in Liberalist.
Create a list of these new volunteer signups and save your list as a saved list so that your list is always refreshed, and includes your most recent signups. Reach out to these individuals within 48 hours to ensure that you are contacting them promptly.
1. Begin on the Shared Contacts side of the database
● Manage all your volunteers, donors, Registered Liberals and other individuals your riding has a relationship with on the Shared Contacts side of the database. Events can only be created on the Shared Contacts side of the database.
3. Check your Suppressions:
a. In the Suppressions box, remove all exclusions, except for Deceased.
■ Note: If you are using this list for phone calling, you should also exclude Do Not Call.
4. Select your Volunteer Survey Question
a. In the Survey Questions box, select the Survey Question 2019 Volunteer: Volunteer Status.
■ Tick the box for the response New Volunteer Sign Ups only.
■ Scroll down to the Committee field to select your riding’s name. This will ensure that you’re capturing everyone canvassed by your team or who signed up to volunteer with your team online.
Note: If you don’t use the Committee field, your list could include people who have a relationship with your team but signed up to volunteer with another team.
■ Scroll down to the bottom of the Survey Question box to ensure that Include most recent response only is selected. This ensures that anyone who has since been upgraded to Active, said No, or given another response won’t be included in your list.
5. Exclude people that are already scheduled for an event
a. Go to the Events Field. Select Exclude in the field next to people scheduled for events – based on the following.
b. Scroll down and click on Types. Tick the box for each of the following categories and press the Save button: Canvass:Door (Vol), Canvass:Door (Cand.), Canvass: Phone, Training, and Volunteer Activity.
c. Scroll down and click on Status. Tick the box for each of the following categories and press the Save button: Scheduled, Confirmed, Conf Twice, FB Going.
d. Scroll down to Event Date and select Between in first field.
○ Set your from date as today, and leave the to date empty. This will prompt the system to search for anyone scheduled for an event anytime in the future and exclude them from this list.
6. View your results
● Click on Preview My Results to see how many people are on your list.
● Click Run Search to create the list of the Volunteer SignU ps to engage for your riding.