Liberalist allows a campaign to plan out events and manage volunteers for those events in My Calendar. Users will be able to see upcoming events and can be assigned to events as needed.
- First, on the Shared Contacts side, click on View My Calendar in the Main Menu.
- From this view, you will be able to see all the events related to your committee. To add a new event, click Add New Event in the upper right-hand corner.
- In the New Event Wizard, select the type of event, give it a name, pick a date and pick a time. If your event has shifts, such as scrutineering, a phone bank or literature drop, then pick how many shifts you want to divide it into. Once you have made your selections, press Next.
- Use the Activities and Goals page to set out which types of event activities you would like to track and whether or not you have a target number of participantsfor each activity. For example, do you need 6 canvassers for this Sunday’s door canvass? Do you need 2 receptionists to greet people at your town hall? If you do not have any a target number for event participation (for example summer barbequeue attendees), select “Do not Set Goals”.
- Choose at least one event activity, such as Attendee, and click Finish to create your event.
- To schedule volunteers and record attendees see Linking Volunteers and Attendees to Events.