Liberalist allows you to create your own custom survey questions in the Shared Contacts page. Nomination Contestants can use these survey questions in order to identify who will be voting for them.
1. Located on the bottom lower left hand side of the page in the Main Menu, click Codes • Questions • Scripts and click Survey Questions.
2. On the Survey Questions page, to add a new survey question, click New Survey Question.
4. Name your survey question, and pick the relevant election cycle and question type. The cycle refers to the year in which this question is created. The medium and short names are used on canvass sheets.
5. For each field, there is also an option for the French equivalent. This will enable the system to automatically display the French version of the question if you have volunteers who prefer to work in French.
6. Type in your question. It is best to keep the question short and to the point such as ‘Will you be supporting Jane Doe during the course of this nomination?’.
7. Press Save.
8. Add the possible responses. You can use the arrows to position the order of the responses. You may have up to 260 possible responses. Insert all relevant responses such a ‘Yes’ ‘No’ and ‘Undecided’. The clearer and the more specific the response, the easier it will be to interpret your data.
9. Finally, press Save again and your survey question is complete and ready to use.
Once you have created your Survey Question you will want to add this question to a script. Learn how to develop a Script here.