The Membership Box is updated automatically as memberships are processed. Only Level 3 users can create lists.
1. Begin on the Main Menu of the Shared Contacts page.
2. Click on Create a New List.
3. Once on the Create a List page, scroll down to the Membership Type tab. Open the box by clicking on the arrow (>) on the left hand corner.
4. Set the Membership Type to Full Member.
*Note: You may also click on the highlighted “Membership Type” and check the box for Associate Members and Full Members in order to include both.
5. In the riding box, choose your riding from the drop down box.
6. Set the ”Date Expired From:” as today. You will then leave the “Expired Date To:” blank.
* The logic behind this is that you are pulling a list of all memberships that expire between today and any day in the future. Anyone who is expiring today or in the future has an active membership.
*Note: This will give you a membership list that is valid for one year as memberships expire on December 31 of each year.
7. If you are contacting your members, you can ignore the Suppressions box, as it is set by default to exclude members who do not want to be contacted.
If you are looking for the most accurate count of your membership, open the Suppressions box (in the right-hand column of the Create a List page). Change “Exclude Do Not Call” to “Include Do Not Call”. Change “Exclude Do Not Mail” to “Include Do Not Mail.”
8. Scroll up to the top of the Create a List page and click Search. This will take you to the My List page. From this page, you can then create call sheets, print letters and labels. You can also choose to send out an e-blast, set up a phone bank, or create a canvassing area with Turf Cutter.
9. There are counts on your list on the My List page. People is the total number of people in your list. Doors is the count of the number of households on your list, regardless of last names. It’s the number of doors you would need to knock on to reach these members. Mailboxes is the count householded by address and last name. It’s also the number of stamps you would have to buy to reach all of these members.