Memberships are automatically updated in Liberalist when someone signs up online at liberal.ca.. Only Level 3 users can create lists.
1. Begin on the Main Menu of the Shared Contacts page.
2. Click on Create a New List.
3. Scroll down to the Membership box. Open the box by clicking the arrow (>) on the left side of the box.
4. Set the Membership Type as Full Member.
*Note: You may also click on the highlighted “Membership Type” and check the box for Associate Members and Full Members in order to add associate members to your list.
5. Set the ”Date Expired To:” December 31st, 2014 to find all members that have expired in any of the previous years up to that date.
Note: If you want to limit your search to individuals that have expired in the last 2 years (for example) you must add the “Expired date from:” December 31st 2011. This will give you a full list of people that expired during that time period.
6. IMPORTANT NOTE: The Suppressions box ensures that you are not contacting people who have been asked not to be contacted.
a. If you do not want to contact people who have requested not to be contacted, ignore the Suppressions box. It is set by default to exclude members who do not want to be contacted.
b. If you are looking for the most accurate count of your expired membership, open the Suppressions box (in the right-hand column of the Create a List page). Change “Exclude Do Not Call” to “Include Do Not Call”. Change “Exclude Do Not Mail” to “Include Do Not Mail.”
7. Scroll up to the top of the Create a List page and click Search. This will then take you into My List where you can create canvassing sheets, print letters and labels.
8. There are counts on your list on the My List page. People is the total number of people in your list. Doors is the count of the number of households on your list, regardless of last names. It’s the number of doors you would need to knock on to reach these members. Mailboxes is the count householded by address and last name. It’s also the number of stamps you would have to buy to reach all of these members.
To learn how to use the Virtual Phone Bank to make calls, see our guide on Setting Up the Virtual Phone Bank
To learn how to print your membership list, see our guide on Printing a Membership List