- Click on Create a New List from the Main Menu page to build the recipient list for your Email Blast.
You can craft your recipient list in as simple or sophisticated a manner as you would like. Please contact the Liberal Help Desk Team if you would like advice or assistance in creating complicated lists.
Best Practice:Instead of just grabbing all email addresses at your disposal each time you go to create an email blast, the Communications Team strongly recommends you base your list off an activist code. This gives you greater control over your list and allows you to keep your Casework contacts separate from your email blasts, where necessary. If you have a list of individuals you would like to be tagged as “e-newsletter” or another activist code, please contact your Liberal Help Desk Team.
IMPORTANT: Some people choose to Unsubscribe from all Liberal Party emails. It is important that we respect this decision.
When creating a list the final step should always be to REMOVE all the people with the Activist Code “EMAIL – Unsub: All”.
- From the My List page, click the Emails icon on your icon bar. If you cannot see an Emails icon, your account does not have access to the Email Blast tool. Please contact your Liberal Help Desk Team for assistance.
- The New Blast Email page will guide you through the process of setting up a blast email. First give this Email Blast a Name. The Blast Email Name will only be visible to your team. It is used in analyzing the relative success of your Email Blasts over time and in building lists based on past Email Blasts. You may wish to add a description to give greater detail. When you are done, click Next.Best Practice:Put the type of email (eg. Event Invite) and the recipient group in the Blast Email name. This will help you to analyze your Blast Email successes more quickly over time.
- Select the appropriate Form Email from the drop down list. If you have not yet created the Form Email you are planning to send, click the New Form Email button. For assistance in creating a Form Email, please see Setting up a Form Email. When you have selected the Form Email you want to use, click Next.
- Select the date and time you want your Email Blast to be sent. Email Blasts cannot be scheduled in the past. You are asked to schedule your email blast at least an hour in the future for two reasons:
- Scheduling them in advance allows the system to bundle multiple blasts together and keep other functions running smoothly.
- You can cancel an Email Blast up to five minutes before it is sent. Scheduling your blast in advance gives your team extra time to revise and recall an Email Blast.
- When you have selected a date and time, click Next.
- The Preview step allows you to see your Blast Email as it will be seen by a sample recipient. The unsubscribe link has been added at the bottom of the preview email, just as it will be added to the emails sent out in your Email Blast. If you are not satisfied with the Preview, you can edit your Form Email by clicking Save and Exit, going back to the Main Menu, opening the em>Letters – Emails menu, clicking on Form Emails and selecting your Form Email.
- When you are happy with your form email, click Next.
- Liberalist gives you another opportunity to check your Blast Email before it is sent by offering you the opportunity to send a test email to yourself or to a colleague. When you have sent a test email, click Next.
Note: Test emails do not replace variables with information from the individual’s Liberalist profile.
- The Payment page shows you whether or not your Email Plan covers the scheduled Email Blast.
- If your Plan covers the Email Blast: Click Next.
- If your list contains more recipients than are covered under your Email Plan: Click Purchase Plan to upgrade your plan. For more information on purchasing an Email Plan, see Setting up your Email Plan. When you are returned to the Payment page, click Next.
Return to the My List page to Narrow your List or to Remove People from your list, such that your list is small enough to be covered by your Email Plan. Click the Emails icon to begin the Email Blast process again.
- Confirm the details of your Email Blast. If you have not yet done so, read the Terms and Conditions. Tick the Terms and Conditions box and click Finish.