Scheduling a Volunteer
Knowing how many volunteers are attending an event, and who exactly is going to be present will allow you to better allocate your resources and place volunteers in appropriate roles based on their experience. Scheduling volunteers for an event in Liberalist also allows you to track how many events a volunteer has attended so that you know how dependable and committed they are to the team.
Use the Liberalist Events Management tool to schedule your volunteers for an event so that you can confirm their attendance to an event and flag them as ‘Current Volunteers’ once they have attended more than one event.
1. Begin on the Shared Contacts side of the database
● Manage all your volunteers, donors, Registered Liberals and other individuals your riding has a relationship with on the Shared Contacts side of the database.
2. Find your event in LIberalist
a. Under Events, click on Calendar. This will bring you to a page with all of your riding’s events on a calendar.
b. Find the date of your event and click on the title of your event.
○ This will bring you to a page with all the details of your event, including participants.
3. Add Participants
a. At the top right-hand corner, click on the Participant Actions box.
b. Click on Add Participants.
○ This will bring you to a secondary page where most of the criteria is already selected for you.
c. In the Status box, select Scheduled.
4. Schedule Volunteers for your event
a. In the Contacted How box, enter how the person was contacted.
b. Click Finish.
c. Enter the First and last name of the individual.
d. Click on Save/Search.
e. The name will appear at the bottom of the screen.
f. Find the right person and tick the box next to their name to mark them as an attendee.
g. Click on Save/Search again.
h. Do this for all the attendees on your list that have not yet been scheduled.
5. Return to your event to see your participant list
a. Click on the event name (in blue) at the top left-hand corner. This will bring you back to your event management page.
b. Go to the Participants Summary module. Click on the arrow > to open the module.
c. In the Scheduled column you will find a list of all the people that have been scheduled for this event.