Volunteers are the backbone of the Liberal Party of Canada. Our movement is strong and growing, and more Canadians than ever are getting involved in supporting our Liberal plan for a stronger middle class. But none of this would be possible without the amazing volunteers that knock on doors, make phone calls, and support Team Trudeau in ridings across the country.
Liberal volunteers were key to our election victory in 2015, and they will play a key role in earning another mandate from Canadians in 2019 – so It’s important for us to recognize their hope and hard work.
Volunteer activities are tracked within Liberalist and participants that have completed an event should be contacted either by phone, email, or text to let them know that their work was recognized and appreciated. To help you do this, we have set up the 2019 Volunteer: Thank You Survey Question, allowing local organizers to mark down that a volunteer has been thanked for their great work.
Why use a Survey Question?
It’s simple! The great thing about using a Survey Question is that it allows you to know when a ‘Thank you’ call, text, or email was last sent. Use the Survey Question consistently to mark all the volunteers that you have thanked for giving their time to help the team.
Pulling your list
Create a list of all volunteers that have recently attended an event so that you can send them a thank you note. Do this by following the steps below:
- Begin on the Shared Contacts database.
- Go to Create a List
- Scroll down to the Events Module.
- Select Include.
- Select all the volunteering event types including Phone calling, Doorstep, Volunteer Orientation, and GOTV.)
- Next, click on Add a Step and select Remove.
- Scroll to the Survey Question Module
- Select the ‘2019 Volunteer: Thank you’ Survey Question.
- In the Response drop-down select ‘Thanked’
- This will remove anyone from your list that has already been thanked for volunteering in the past.
- Click on Run Search.
Based on this list, you can now reach out to each volunteer that has been involved recently to thank them for the great work they have been doing.