The Keypad Data Entry is ideal for entering voting information during advanced polls, while the Bingo Sheet data entry tool is ideal for election day.
- On the Main Menu page of the My Voters tab, click on the Keypad Data Entry icon in the Election Day Voting box.
2. Select your riding from the drop down menu.
2. Type in the first polling division on your list as a 4 digit code.
3. Enter the Electors Sequence ID of each person who voted in that polling division.
4. Click Save.
5. Move on to the next polling division and continue until you have completed the sheet.
Elections Canada uses a 4 digit code to identify all polling divisions in your riding.
Each poll is followed by a ‘0’, ‘1’, ‘2’, etc. to indicate whether or not the polling division has been split. Eg. if Poll 234 has been split into 3 polling divisions, you would enter them as 2340, 2341, and 2342.
All polling divisions are expressed in 4 digits. If a polling division does not have 4 digits (eg. Polling division 15), zeros will be added before and after the polling division to make it 4 digits. Polling division 15 would be typed as 0150.
Keypad Data Entry on Election Day
While the Bingo Sheet data entry tool is faster than the Keypad data entry tool and is preferred for election day, the Keypad Data Entry tool can be used on election day. This is only recommended for geographically vast ridings as it can be used from a smart phone, which is not possible for the Bingo Sheet entry tool.
1. On your smart phone, go to http://my.liberalist.ca.
2. Log in using your Liberalist username and password.
3. Click Enter Voting Data.
4. Select your riding from the drop down menu.
5. Enter the first polling division on your list as a 4 digit number.
6. Enter the Electors Sequence ID of each person who voted in that polling division.
7. Click Save. The voting data is immediately sent to Liberalist.
8. Continue entering data until you have recorded all voters on your election day bingo sheet.