The Virtual Phone Bank (VPB) helps you and your campaign team canvass by combining your list of people to call with a script so volunteers can make calls from anywhere with a computer and an Internet connection.
When you make calls from the Virtual Phone Bank, you are shown the relevant information about each individual that the VPB administrator put on your list, one by one. As you make calls, you can easily enter the data onto the VPB screen of the person you’re talking to. When you pass to the next call, the information is instantly saved in the individual’s record.
Any Liberalist user can access a Virtual Phone Bank that has been assigned to them through Liberalist or by entering a VPB Code that has been provided to them.
Using Virtual Phone Bank to phone canvass
- Make sure you are on the right ‘tab’ (Shared Contacts or My Voters). If you do not know which ‘tab’ you should be phoning from, ask your volunteer coordinator.
- From the Main Menu of the right tab, select Virtual Phone Bank.
- Now select the list you want to use or enter the VPB code. Press Next.
- If Liberalist asks you to enter your postal code, this means that VPB will have you call people who live closest to you first. Type in your postal code and press Next.
- Start calling!
- The VPB will show you the first person on your list, including their name and phone number. It will also show you the script you should use when calling and the options you have for editing the information in each person’s profile (eg. their address). Familiarize yourself with your script and your options before you pick up the phone.
- Pick up the phone! Dial the number of the first person on your list and use your script to complete the call.
- Enter the appropriate canvass results in the script.
***IMPORTANT*** You have to enter a call result (like Not Home) or a script answer for every person you talk to. If you do not enter any information for a person you have called, they will STAY on the list and someone will call them again.
- Once you have entered the information from your call, make sure to click Save/Next so the information is saved in the person’s profile and you can make your next call.